Apr 13, 2014

currently obsessed with... {healing clay}


y'all. i LOVE this face mask combo. facial blemishes have been just one of many of my pregnancy hormonal side effects lately. when a friend told me about this mask, i was anxious to give it a go. i found both ingredients at whole foods. combined it only cost about $12, and you need so little of them that they will go a long way.

i've figured out that i only need about a tablespoon of each to make plenty for one application. my only problem with the mask is that i hate the smell of vinegar... but i'm happy to put up with that for a few minutes for the results i've gotten from using the mask.  i've been using it about three times a week and i see a definite difference in my skin. from what i read about it, the natural green clay draws out impurities from your skin and eliminates toxins. i usually get a lot of "build up"and bumps on my chin and around my mouth and i've seen a significant decrease. it has also left my skin silky smooth which is, well... awesome.

mix equal parts of the clay and vinegar, (about a tablespoon of each to start with). apply it with clean fingers to your cleansed face. the mask will dry super stiff. honestly, the first time i did it i had a little panic attack when i felt how stiff it made my face when it dried, but no worries... it rinsed right off. ;) i've read that you can leave it on for about 20 minutes, but if you have sensitive skin like i do, try starting with 10. i've learned that around 15 minutes is plenty for me. rinse with warm water and then apply your usual moisturizer. i will warn you that your face may be red after, but for me that goes away in about 10 minutes.

enjoy! let me know if you try it and how it worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment