Mar 27, 2014

13 years ago this weekend...

i had butterflies in my stomach as i stood in my bedroom and stared at my super cute new outfit i had laying out on my bed. new jeans and a black silky top from Express that i could only afford at the time because of my friend, Visa, and my irresponsible 21-year-old spending habits. the next day i was going on my first date with that cute older SWAT guy who i knew at work as "Rios". that guy who kept asking my co-worker about me and happened to always be leaving work the same time i was walking to my car in my gym clothes. that guy who somehow never understood our computer system and always had to ask ME for help. that guy who came up to the office the day before our date on his day off, which also happened to be his birthday, just to say hi. that guy whose huge brown eyes and long lashes melted my insides every time they glanced at me. 13 years ago, i had no idea that the date i was about to go on the following day would be the beginning of the rest of my life.

this saturday, that guy, aka my husband, celebrates his birthday. that day and every day after that, i celebrate that younger guy and girl who had no idea that one date would lead to a lifetime together.

happy birthday, Rios.


No comments:

Post a Comment