Mar 24, 2014

raisin bran and daydreams...


i was just reading through posts from a very old blog of mine and came across this one from when i was pregnant with our daughter over three years ago. it's so crazy how much our lives have changed since this post and how much joy i have experienced that i truly never could have anticipated at that time. i can't believe we will soon be welcoming our second baby and reading this was a fun reminder of the unanticipated blessings we have to look forward to yet again! and yes, i have been craving and consuming large amounts of raisin bran this time around too! 

................................................................................................................................................................

August 31, 2010


i reached over and picked up my iPhone as it played the annoying tune i have set as my alarm sound. i reluctantly sat up and peeled myself out of bed, one leg at a time, using what few abdominal muscles i have left to assist me. i was starving. sluggishly, with my eyes half open and my cat rubbing up against my ankles the whole way, i dragged my bare feet across the wood floors and made my way into the kitchen where i poured myself what seemed like my 100th bowl of raisin bran this month. it was like any other morning i have had for years... but this day, like the past approximately 170 days, i was pregnant. between each bite of the crunchy bran flakes and sweet raisins, i daydreamed about what life would be like in a few short months when our baby girl is here.

the first few months of pregnancy, i never dreamt i would be saying this, but, i love being pregnant. sure there are some down sides... the ridiculous bladder awareness, the back aches, the weight gain that should primarily be going to my belly but has made it's way down to my thighs... but, i love it. i love the promise it represents of a new life. not only the new life of our baby, but the new life that my husband and i will have... both as a mom and dad, and together as husband and wife.

so, as i wake up tomorrow morning and pour myself a bowl of cereal, i will daydream of the day when i am awakened by the sweet sound of a crying, hungry baby, instead of my phone. a day when my first instinct and item on the agenda will be to fee my hungry baby girl, not myself. and, last but not least, i will dream of a day that i actually crave something other than raisin bran. 


*special thanks to my sweet friend Spanki for taking these maternity photos of me last week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment