Mar 7, 2014

this week's giddiness brought to you by...



these awesome prints that are going into the baby's nursery! i found the first idea on etsy and had them customize a song sheet with one of my all time favorites... Your Song by Elton John. oh, and see that cute little pillow in the second photo? found it on clearance (yay!) at target and used it as my color inspiration for the room. i also wanted a fun album cover to display and found this cute Beatles picture i had printed. the colors coordinated so well with my decor! can't wait to show photos of the completed nursery. just want to finish up a couple more details!


blue bell chocolate chip ice cream. y'all. i have a confession. this has always been my favorite ice cream and up until a few years ago it was sold year round in stores. when i became pregnant and went on a hunt for it, i found out that it's now a "seasonal" flavor that is only released for ONE month out of the year! say whaaat?!! on a recent trip to HEB with my husband, i saw it in the freezer and grabbed two 1/2 gallons. i looked over and he was giving me the "seriously?!" eyes. then, realizing it was the last day of the month AND there were only two more in stock, i very adamantly told my husband that it was imperative that we buy the other ones, in fear that i wouldn't see it again in stores during my pregnancy. in the moment it felt like a serious life-or-death situation. and yes i have already eaten two of said containers. but i'm sure that has nothing to do with the rapid growth of my rear over the last month. 


the song Happy by Pharell Williams. my daughter has it on constant repeat but i don't mind it... the song is so infectious, i can't help but get in a good mood when i hear it! plus, it's a very welcomed break from Let It Go from Frozen!


feeling a bit overwhelmed with being the mom of a monster 3 year old one day this week, i ran away to barnes and noble. let me tell you... if you have a 2-5 year old, RUN to the store and buy How Toddlers Thrive. such an awesome read! not only did it open my eyes to life through my daughter's eyes and give great insight on how and why she is a ticking time bomb of emotions an emotional rollercoaster some days, it also gave me comfort to read similar stories from other parents and realize that i'm not alone in this journey. i haven't cracked open All Joy and no Fun yet, but it looks like another relatable read about parenting. and lastly, i cheered myself up with Find It in Everything by Drew Barrymore. i just LOVE her positive spirit and the photos and inspiration behind them made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment